Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Eight years ago...

(sorry for the picture... it is a picture of a picture b.c we got married in the dark ages b.f digital)
Richard and I have been married eight years ago TODAY!!!!

We met in college. He was the most eligible bachelor in elementary education. I remember having a class with him about 2 years before we started dating and during a class discussion I announced to the class that I "thought he was one of the girls" and I still had a chance after that comment. :) About two years later we started our education block together, he was still just a classmate. During that summer term of a math class he became my study buddy and math tutor... and sometime during those study sessions we began to study our relationship. Which then lead to me tagging along with him and his buddies to City Stages and about 6 weeks later over a candle lit homemade Italian dinner he ask me to be his wife and the rest is history. In the early days we enjoyed getting to know each other, having fun as a couple, dinner dates with friends, weekend getaways just the two of us, and so much more. Shortly after our one year anniversary we found out we had a bun in the oven and would later find out that we would be giving birth to a son. Our dream of becoming parents had come true and a short nine months after his birth we were surprised with yet another blessing we would be welcoming a baby girl into the world. I know both us had the dream of becoming parents and count our children as a blessing but I don't think either of us knew the challenges this journey would present. We have become a team and work hard everyday to win the game of life. Marriage isn't easy, but well worth it! Life is never what you expect it to be, we find new curve balls around every corner but thankfully we have never been thrown a curve ball we could not work together to "hit". We are the luckiest people in this world and we will NEVER take one single day, our two beautiful healthy children, or each other for granted! Happy Anniversary Honey! I am so glad God chose you to be my teammate in this game. You are the BEST and I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment