Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gifts...

Last week was teacher appreciation week at the school. This is a week I really feel like is so important. Being a former educator and having an educator for a spouse... i can say teaching is probably the most rewarding job but yet the job you feel the most unappreciated. So i always make a point to make my children's teachers feel loved, appreciated, and most of all thanked for all they do!
One thing our school does is send the teachers off campus to eat lunch at a local restaurant like a "real person"... this may sound so dumb but it is a really big deal as a teacher to get take out food for lunch and an even bigger deal to go "out to eat". I have the chance to go be teacher for 2 hours in Brylee kindergarten class. I had fun spending those few hours with her and her class but I was equally as glad to go and very thankful for my non teaching job! I love my BBTN girls! :) One Cool Kindergarten Crew! :)
Below are the gifts that i gave to the teachers each day (there are 3 b.c brylee has one teacher and jackson has 2) just in case you need a few ideas for the future... none of these are my original idea... i may have added an original touch but all of these came from blogger ville! :)
We had a different theme each day!
Day 1: Wear red and give your teacher a hug! So we gave them a little treat too...
idea found here...
Day 2: Supply Day: We made them these cute little Post E Note pads... this might be my favorite one all week! :) idea found here

Day 3: Snack Day: We sent M&M's with a cute little poem!i can't find the site i got the poem from :(

Day 4: Something to Pamper Yourself...we gave Coffee Shop Gift Cards... I know this was a stretch for the theme... but coffee is pampering right? I just loved this little card and idea i just wanted to use it so i did...Day 5: Write a Note... so we wrote a note and gave beach towels too! I enjoyed making the gifts each night and honestly i did not break the bank either... all these gift ideas were fairly inexpensive, yet nice! All teachers want is to know is that you love them and appreciate all the time, money, and effort they invest in your child.

2 comments:

  1. very cute ideas! i'm sure they felt appreciated all week.. you are the best!

    ReplyDelete