Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tis the Season....

Life is full of seasons and it seems like no matter what season of life I am in I always seem to be wishing for the next season or possibly wanting to go back to a season.
**When I was in the college season I could not wait to get in the married season. Then when I was in the newlywed season I could not wait to be in the parenting, mommy, family season. Then I was in the newborn baby season and all I wanted was for my precious baby to sleep through the night and not cry and I just knew the toddler season was going to be so much easier because he or she could tell me what was wrong with them. Then came the toddler season and yes they could certainly tell me what was wrong with them but it was usually in the form of a temper tantrum. Then came preschool season and big school season. I remember when I just knew that the big school season was just going to be the BEST season. We made it through the sleeping through the night season and the terrible two's and three's season(s) turning 5 certainly had to be the best season. Well, then they go to big school and become big kids and with that comes the extra curricular activities season and I became a taxi. I take one to the practice and the other to a game. Big school season also comes with lots of homework too. Reading a bed time story seems like such a breeze compared to math homework packets, reading chapter books, and doing projects. I have realized no matter what season of life I am in I always seem to be looking ahead to the next season or possibly wishing I was back in a previous season.
**Thank goodness each season is just that; a season. Seasons in life are just like seasons in the year; they are always changing. There are times that I am thankful seasons pass but then there are times I miss some seasons or find myself looking ahead and wishing for the next season of life. I am thankfully I am not in the season of a colicy crying baby or potty training a 2 1/2 year old but there are also times that rocking a baby that smells like Johnson and Johnsons baby lotion or having to be home from 2 to 4 on a sunday afternoon because it is nap time would really be nice! But instead we are in the season that we are at the ball park or cheer practice on sunday afternoons. I find myself daydreaming about the different seasons in the future; like the driving season because then they could drive themselves to practice. Or the staying at home by themselves season because then I could run errands after work or run to the grocery store with out two in tow. But honestly I know that those seasons are just going to bring on another set of issues. I might be home from 2 to 4 on Sunday afternoon while they drive them self to practice but I am sure I will not be sneaking in a nap I will be worrying about then driving and waiting on a call saying they made it there safely and then waiting on a call telling me they are done with practice and coming home.
**I know now in my current season I may be discouraged because I miss Bunko because one of my children has a game or I can't go on a weekend trip to the Atlanta Market because my husband can't be two places at one time. However, I do know that there will be a season when I will be able to make Bunko every month and weekend trips with friends will fill up my calender. I am sure when that is my current season I will wish I was sitting in my special spot on the bleachers cheering on one of my children.
**I am learning to be content in my current season of life. Even though it is a busy one and I spend a lot of time in a car or on the bleachers and not very much of time at home... I am thankful for this season because I know I'm going to miss this one day!
And because every post is better with pictures... here you go!
** Brylee and her cheerleading squad cheered during the fall festival at her school last friday night as part of the entertainment***
brylee and her buddy mattie
ready to cheer... hands on her hips and a smile on her lips... :)
**Jackson has been playing Fall Ball on Sunday afternoons...
he loves to practice pitching after the games on the warm up mound...
brylee is also on the competition squad and they are practicing a lot...
she is has been having some long hot practices lately...
but they are doing so good...
she will compete the first two weekends in novemeber...
i can't wait to see her...she is super excited that she gets to hold up a sign during one of the cheers...
(obviously that is their practice sign) :)
last night brylee had a game at liberty park... wow... that park was so nice... they have turf on their youth fields... it was really nice... and they have a real icee machine in their concession stand... my children were most excited about that! :) I know it has been a while since I have updated... I finally made myself take my camera to the games and practices this week so I could get some pictures of our busy little life!
As the old saying goes... you can fight a bear for a little while... that is my motto these days... I have been "fighting" these "bears" since July and over these next few weeks I am "winning" my battles! My dear sweet husband ended his football coaching season today I am so excited to have him back home in the afternoons! However, after today he said he thinks he is going to go coach basketball and baseball... being at home in the afternoons is too much work! :) After Sunday Jackson's Fall Ball season will be over as well.
***There is a nice break coming in our season of life and for that I am thankful!***

No comments:

Post a Comment