Saturday, August 25, 2012

Choose Joy!

As many of you found out the blog went private at the beginning of the week. I hate that I had to just make it private all of a sudden without warning. It was really not my choice but at the time it was what I needed to do for my family. There are many of blogs that I follow and have followed for years. Some of them have stopped blogging, some of them have gone private, but some of them are still blogging right along. I enjoy keeping up with my "internet friends" and some of them have even become real life friends! :) When my "internet friends" choose to make their blog private or stop blogging it makes me sad because I feel like I "lost" a friend. It is almost like reading a book and not reading the last few chapters and never knowing what happened. After much thought this week I decided I really did not want that to be me. :)

I have been blogging for almost 4 years now and it truly is something I enjoy. I enjoy taking picture of my family, I enjoy writing about what we do, the memories we make, and the things we go through both good and bad. I enjoy looking back on old blog posts and seeing pictures of how much my babies have grown. I enjoy reading old blog post about things we did, how we felt, and what was important to our family at different times in our lives. I have high hopes of making blog books of each year of our blog... have not made it that far yet but maybe one day. This is my online scrapbook and I know I will be so glad I have it when my children are older. Let's face it I am glad I have it now and my kids are not even "older". :)

Honestly, I never though my life or my family was that interesting (and I still don't) ha! When I started this blog I never imagined anyone would read it past my parents and nor did I think people really cared that much about what me and my family do. But I have found out that is not the case; people really do care that we eat at CFA on Tuesdays, sell popsicles to the neighborhood, and have a almost 8 year old that STILL sleeps on the floor in our bedroom EVERY night! :)

So all this to say; I am going to choose JOY! I enJOY blogging and I am not going to let anyone rob me of my JOY! Welcome Back we're glad you are here! I hope you enJOY reading about US! :)

**** PS: I will say it makes me a little nervous to hit the "public button" on the back side of the blog!!!! YIKES...deep breath... so if you read my blog and want to continue please comment on this post with your email address or email me at powersshelly(at)yahoo(dot)com and I will be happy to add your email address in case I do decide to go private again! :)****

No comments:

Post a Comment