Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 29, 2012

{Happy Birthday Granddaddy}
We celebrated Granddaddy's birthday at our house and I cooked for everyone! I know pick your jaw up off the floor! :) We usually go out to eat but we were all just not "feeling this year". Granddaddy had been out of town all week so he was tired of eating out and its hard with the kids to go out on Thursday nights with school; they are tired from the week.

So I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas, mac and cheese, rolls and his absolute favorite lemon ice box pie!!! As you can tell the kids were already in their PJ's before dinner. It's a joke around our house that we eat with the nursing home; it's true we do; we eat dinner about 5:00. But tonight we had to eat later; like 6:30... i know like normal people. Ha! So we did things a little out of order that night; took baths and got ready for bed before dinner.

Then the kids went to bed and we all sat around and talked, relaxed and enjoyed each others company. I was shocked when I looked at the clock and it was 9:00 and my dad was still at my house. He is usually "stemming like a pumpkin" as he calls it and ready to home and in bed by 9:00 for Andy on TV!

We enjoyed our birthday dinner at home celebrating the birthday boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment