Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012

{Poor JP}
In all the years JP has been at school he has never called me from school sick. Today I got a call and he said he had a headache. I talked to him and he said he thought snack might help him so he would wait and then call me back if he did not feel better. About a hour later, he called and said his head was hurting too bad for him to do his work so I went and checked him out. We came home and he laid on the couch and fell asleep. I knew he was sick then just not sure with what yet. When he woke up he had a fever so I called the ped. I just knew he was going to have the flu. Our ped was completely booked but I got one of the 1st appointments at after hours. Which was great b.c we were in and out, meds filled, and home in 1 1/2 hrs. He ended up having strep thank goodness. When the dr. came in and said his strep test was positive I said YES! She looked at me like I had 3 heads. I then explained that strep was way better to treat then the flu and hopefully strep would not run through our family! JP was most excited about strep too b.c he did not want to miss his school christmas party on wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment