Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BBTN Girls Weekend... Part 1

So here it is the post I promised was coming... Friday night our BBTN girls weekend all started... we all met and ate dinner at Stones Throw in Mt. Laurel... formally Standard Bistro. It was sooo good. I had the shrimp and grits and it was to dye for... everyone raved about their dinner... so i think you are safe with any menu selection... It was so fun meeting everyone. None of us really knew each other (other than the b'ham girls) so we just sat outside and waited for a "mom car" to drive by and see if someone we had seen in a picture once... got out of the car and then we would get all excited and introduce ourselves... it was so fun! I have talked to many of these girls on the phone for two years and packed their orders for their sweet beautiful children and it was so nice to put a name with a face... melissa, mandy, andrea, and sarah... it was so good to put names with faces and hear about your families and just see you and spend time with you... Some of them i have followed their blog for sometime and it was so nice to actually get to meet them... paige and darby... you are way cool... just as i had expected!
dinner friday night at Stones Throw
Saturday it was POURING down rain... storms, tornado warnings the whole bit but that did not stop us... we all piled in 2 cars and headed to the SPA... yes it was a slice of heaven for sure! We all got massages, facials, and pedicures... we were all so relaxed. It was a perfect day for the spa... several of us said we did not know if the rain and thunder was "real" or on the cd... we were all so relaxed and i think we could all agree we would be just fine living the life of luxury... no pics from the spa... but trust me is was A-MAZ-ING!!!!
That afternoon we all went to the brand new super cool photo studio belonging to Suzanne King... she gave us a crash course in photography and taught us so much about out cameras... i took good notes and plan to play and process all that i learned real soon... i might even share a few things... then she gave us all a little liquid courage and took group shots and individual pictures of us all... it was great fun... lindsay i don't know if I will ever forget the things you said to make us laugh... oh my!
we have not received these pics yet but when we do... that will hopefully be part 2!
we then headed back to ashleys for dinner and tons of conversations... good food and good company... can't beat that!
Sunday we all went to worship at The Church of Brookhills...in our matching t-shirts... and look lots of pictures too... great message and great music... and we got to hear mandy... i love to hear her sing...
Few pics from church...
L to R: melissa... i loved talking with her, she is a doll; paige... our dinner conversation was amazing sat night... i just love you to pieces... her story is AMAZING as is she and her BEA-U-TI-FUL daughters... go check her our (paige's simple thoughts); darby... you get a whole 3 paragraphs below... me :)... andrea... my chiefer for the weekend... hey b'wood girls... does she look familiar... andrea patterson... pelham... ben mcclurkin (after brooke:)... hope you don't mind the trip down memory lane andrea... so fun to re connect and talk about same friends... mandy... precious girl... who has told me if i move to macon my children can wear smocked until their 12 years old and hair bows until their 15 yrs old... i might be packing my bags... :); ashley... the amazing organizer of this whole shindig... sarah... such a fun girl... not pictures amelia and lindsey... good ole b'ham girls... so fun to hang out outside of bbtn work "stuff"... love you girls...
last but certainly not least... Me and Darbs...
(here it is the picture you blog stalkers have been waiting for :))
i think it goes with out saying that darby is a pretty famous blogger... i mean if you don't know who dabry... flythroughourwindow... is you probably have not been following blogs long... b.c i think EVERYONE on the planet knows who Darby is... anyway... i have been BEYOND excited since I found out in JANUARY that i was actually going to get to meet her.... yes i am a big ole darby fan... the bbtn girls make TOTAL fun of me for being SOOOO excited... they all gave me "pep talks" about how i could or could not act... ha :) So friday night we are sitting outside and she starts walking up to the table... I look at eunice and say "there she is... oh my goodness... there she is"... she kindly tells me to "get it together" b.c she doesn't get the whole blog thing... we had to show her what one was last week... she thought they were just for music... (love you unie...)... i could not even say anything at first... i was STAR STRUCK for sure... pretty much all of dinner... but by Saturday I was "over it"... meaning I could actually talk to her without getting all hot and sweaty and nervous feeling... i love that she blogged about climbing in her car and applying deodorant b.c she was so nervous... that makes two of us... anyways... she was absolutely precious... she is the most humble person i have ever met... anytime anyone mentioned her "famous" blog she would just shake her head and act like she had 9 readers not 9,000...people were stopping her at church on Sunday and asking to get their picture made with her it was hilarious... she was a BLAST... so sweet... just a great girl all around... i loved meeting her and all the other girls for that matter! Ashley... my friend... thank you is just not enough... we were treated like queens for sure! :) More pics coming soon... maybe... but until then i am done with blogging for a few days... it is birthday weekend for a very special little guy who is turning 7... sniff, sniff... so I am going to be a busy party planning mama!!! :)

6 comments:

  1. what a great post shelly!!!!
    i loved your sweet self the moment i met you. you are one of those people that instantly makes those around you feel good!
    have a fantastic weekend celebrating your brylee. she is a doll
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had SO MUCH FUN!! What a great group! I'm so excited for you that you got to meet Darby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds so fun.. i was waiting for the famous pic.. =) can't wait to see part II and see what you learned.. you better share! =) have fun this weekend at the b'day party.. can't believe he is 7 either. Happy b'day jackson man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay.. glad to read part one.. SOO fun!! I can't wait to hear you tell it in person... have a great bday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, You are ABSOLUTELY hilarious! I just had to track you down on your FB page and I'm so glag I found you! Seriously, you were sweating too?! Please... you knew most the girls! I thought for sure I'd walk to a table full of alien invaders or something! :) You are too sweet and I am so glad to have an opportunity to meet you and all the other lovely girls! I can't wait to make my way back to Mt. Laurel and shop, shop, shop! :) Loved my entire weekend and so glad we got to meet! What a fun picture of us... I think I'm going to steal it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Darby too! We shared a womb, and I wish I were half as cool as she is. She is so real (and un-famous acting) that it hurts. I was at breakfast last week and someone said "are you Darby's twin sister?"... I loved it! What a great recap of the weekend. Next year I want to be invited!! I'll pay my own way... just wanna hang out with you cool people!

    ReplyDelete