- Greeting from Children's Hospital! This is not exactly how we had planned on spending our weekend but we are thankful our baby girl is getting the care she needs!
- Wednesday afternoon Brylee came home from school complaining of her stomach hurting! But she said it was not bad enough to miss church. She continued to complain during the middle of the night and she began to vomit.
- On Thursday we went to see her ped. She was not running a fever! They checked her stomach and several labs were ran; her white blood count was only up to 17 and 15 is normal. Her strep was negative. Her sinus xray showed some cloudiness so she was diagnosed with a sinus infection. She still complained if her stomach hurting but she was sleeping lots. I have total faith in my ped and honestly did not feel it was anything more than a sinus infection and that the mucus drainage was making her feel sick! She was able to get on and off the table at the drs. office and was walking fine!
- She stayed home Friday and continued to complain of her stomach hurting. Then she began to run a fever! My children NEVER run a fever!!! When they do i know they are bad sick!!! She was having difficulty walking and would not eat at all! I started suspecting that we may be dealing with appendicitis and after talking with the ped again we decided to take her to Children's to see what was going on and why a sinus infection was making her stomach hurt this bad!
- After a few hours in the ER and after running more labs; finding that her white blood count was up to 22 and that her fever had not and was not breaking with meds they ordered her to have a CT scan! At this time they also gave her some morphine for the pain... Boy did that lighten the mood and bring on some laughs!
- Low and behold the CT scan showed that she had appendicitis! So they came in and said we will be taking it out! Then a few minutes later they came back in and said well it is perforated (aka ruptured) and we will not be doing surgery tonight!
- Instead you will be going upstairs and staying a while! The doctor said we would probably be here 7 to 10 days and could possibly be here 6 weeks! Let's hope and pray that is not the case! This is when I lost it and still have a hard time typing it now without tearing up! I think the hard part for me is I know how long 7 to 10 days is in a hospital and she really doesn't! But we are just taking it one day at a time and praying she gets well soon!
- She is on iv antibiotics and morphine every 3 hrs for pain! The overall goal is for the antibiotics to heal the perforated appendix enough so that they can then remove it! But they can not do surgery at this time b/c of the perforation!
- At this time (i think) We are looking at staying here on iv antibiotics, then going home on antibiotics, and then having surgery! But I have found out that you don't get a whole lot of info, info changes quickly, and The dr was in here this morning for about 37 secs! She can't have any food or drinks; however the dr did say she could have sprite!!! That was music to her little ears! Since her last real meal was wed night and she has only had ice chips since then sprite was a BIG deal!
- I think that is pretty much it! I will keep this updated with what is going on!
- I can not thank you all enough for the emails, calls, text, Facebook messages and most of all Prayers!!!! We greatly appreciate it!!! You all are so sweet to offer to help and bring things and at this time we are good... We don't need one thing except your PRAYERS!
- It is no fun for your baby girl to be in pain and have to go through all this! I know it could have been so much worse and I am so thankful we have a wonderful hospital like children's to take good care of her! And most of all I am thankful for the Great Physician.... HE is taking good care of my baby!
Brylee's sweet friend Mattie came to visit her!
Praying for Brylee!