Friday, June 22, 2012

June 22, 2012

{Mom & Daughter GA Camp Bound}
We left for GA (Girls in Action); which is the missions class I taught at church on Wednesday night to the first grade girls. We went to Mother Daughter camp. Of course, we could not start our adventure without a trip by snow shack to get us some shaved ice before we left! :)
We arrived at the camp, found our cabin, and made up our bunks! Needless to say, it has been a long time since I have been to camp and slept in bunk beds! Sister was on the top and I was on the bottom... well that was how it was suppose to go down! However, at 1:00 am when sister woke up and said she could not go to sleep on the top bunk by herself and the light coming in the window from outside was bothering her she ended up on the bottom bunk with me! As you can image both of us crammed on the bottom twin bunk was not the best sleeping. I am not really a morning person but I was so glad when I looked at my phone at it was 6AM I was more than willing to get up and get in the shower.
The sleeping was probably the roughest part. In our room there were 6 sets of bunk beds so that mean 6 moms and 6 girls! That is a lot of people to get to sleep and stay asleep at the same time with no TV, no sound machine, some people like light and some don't. There was lots of noise and one of the moms was on her ipad almost all night long so that lit up the room on that side and someone snored. Like I said sleeping was rough! I was glad we only had to sleep one night! :)

Brylee, Mattie and Cailyn!!! 
We enjoyed our time with these sweet girls and their moms. It really was a fun experience and I do look forward to doing it again with Brylee and hopefully one day she will go to camp there for a week when she is older. I know I loved my time at Camp Briarwood and I hope both of mine can experience overnight camp one day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment