Saturday, May 4, 2013

April

April brought on some warmer weather and lots of fun activities for us! Let's see what all happened during April!

One afternoon the weather was so nice and I had promised the kids that we would go get shaved ice from Snow Shack and go to the park for their reward for their good report cards. So we did and it was a beautiful afternoon and a yummy treat too!
CFA Family Fun night... we love us some CFA... the activity this night was face painting... Jackson choose a cross "tattoo" and Brylee was a pink puppy! :)
Jackson was invited by one of his baseball buddies to go to the Barons game. He got to go to one of the first few games in the new stadium the first week. He and his baseball buddies Christian and Carson had a great time!
Brylee gets all decked out in Justice!!!!!! 
OK if you have been reading this blog for any amount of time and know me you know that Justice blinged out, glittery, neon clothes are not my style for my baby girl. This child has worn more boutique, smocked, appliqued, monogrammed, custom clothing than the law should allow! If it did not fall into any one of those categories it was considered "play clothes". We played it and I would have "never" let me child where any of those "play clothes"... aka gym shorts, t-shirts, etc to school.  Well as they say, all good things must come to an end, and clothing is no different. I have fought the Justice battle as long as I can... I have avoided that store like the plague! But one night I caved and GoGo and I took her in there and you would have thought she had died and gone to heaven. She was so excited. She picked out all kinds of outfits she liked and I actually surprised they had some cute clothes that looked cute on her. I still have some boutique clothes that I like her to wear but honestly I am liking her Justice clothes on her more than the boutique clothes now. I think they just look more age appropriate I guess!?!?!? So as much as I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth but Justice is our new favorite store! :)

Happy Birthday Mommy!!! 

Jackson has been learning how to play the recorder in music class this year and they had a recorder concert for us one day during music. I was pleasantly surprised at how good they sounded. :) 

Birthday Shopping with my baby girl! We had no baseball one weekend and Brylee and I shopped until we dropped! We had lunch together and got steel city pops twice! :) 

Father Daughter Banquet 

Our church had a Father/Daughter Luncheon one Sunday after church. It was a time for dads and daughters to eat together and enjoy some fun activities. Brylee had a great afternoon spending time with her daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment