Sunday, August 18, 2013

Good Bye Summer

Today is the last day of summer! School will start bright and early tomorrow morning! 

When I reflect on our summer part of me feels like it went by so fast but then when I think back to things we did at the beginning of the summer, like Asbury's VBS, it seems like that was forever ago! 

I am so thankful for this summer! It has been such a long time since I have been able to spend the summer with my family and not work! I am so grateful for the memories we made, the fun times we had, the fun things we did, the mornings we slept in, all the swimming we did, the time we spent together as a family and most importantly the slow pace we rolled this summer! It was a much needed break! I feel refreshed and ready to see what the future holds! 

One part of me is sad to see the laid back, slow pace, carefree summer come to an end! However, the other part of me is ready to see what the future holds! I am ready for a schedule, for Wed night church activities, for fall, football games, and most importantly watching my children grow and learn this school year! 

Thank you Lord for a wonderful summer; be with us and go before us as we begin a new school year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment