Thursday, October 14, 2010

One More Sleep...

As Brylee went to bed tonight she proudly announced "one more sleep until daddy comes home"! God love her she has counted down how many "sleeps" until her daddy comes back since he pulled out Saturday afternoon on a charter bus with a few hundred fifth graders and their parents headed to D.C.! She has done the "counting" but she certainly is not the only one ready for him to come home! We all are ready to have our daddy back! I am a team player and I have missed my team mate this week... I am not going to lie I am not a fan of "single parenthood" and my heart goes out to all of you who are or who have traveling husbands... you are earning extra jewels in your crowns that's for sure... i know i would probably get used to it if it was the normal for me... but it is not so therefore i struggle. We are pretty excited that our daddy comes back tomorrow and will be here when we all get home from school and work! YIPPEE! Check out our sign we made...While I have been flying solo I have been keeping myself busy this week with all sorts of things... Tonight I made Pioneer Womans Corn Chowder... I am such a soup fan and well hubs is not really... much past chili and he is turning his nose up... so I decided since he was gone I would make this... and let me tell you it was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend it! and i even made some homemade cornbread to go with it and it was so good... nothing like good ole corn sticks and corn bread from an iron skillet... certainly made me think of my grandmother... one b.c i was using her old cast iron skillets and two b.c she would make me corn sticks all the time for a snack when i was little...I also made hubby a little something to have waiting on him when he gets home... yummy! Have you tried Paula Deans ready to make box line of brownie, cookie, and cake mixes! We have had several of them and they are really good! Of course anything Paula Dean is good! I not sure where they sell them at we have the "grandaddy hookup" so we get them from him but he sells them so i will have to ask him who he sells them too! Keep your eye out for them! You will not be dissappointed!I have also spend most of my nights working on a special little girls birthday party that will be happening very soon! Here is a few sneak peaks of what I have been working on... I hope you all had a great week... tomorrow is FRIDAY... and did I mention that my hubby will be coming home tomorrow??? Have a great weekend... be back soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love the sign you guys made and where Brylee wrote her name...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete