Thursday, December 3, 2009

Show Us Your Life... Christmas Trees

Kelly's Korner is doing a Christmas Trees "tour" Friday. I am very excited to see all the Christmas Trees decorated b.c I am always up for new ideas... so head on over to her blog and you might get some ideas too. But before you go check out the other trees here is our tree... I don't feel like we have anything all that fantastic and quite frankly I am ready for a change... and since we are "getting a playroom" for Christmas I hope to have this tree downstairs next year and have a whole new look next year... I may even hit up the after Christmas sales too see what I can find. So here is our tree... lots of red and white with a sprinkle of lime green... Just a cool picture of our tree with only the light showing... Now I do have a few ornaments that I love and that are very special to me / us... Every year since Jackson was a baby and it was his first Christmas we go to Painted By You and paint an ornament with their hand prints (well brylee has a foot print on her first one since she was only about 6 weeks old) and then i decorate the ball and put the year on it... I hope to one day have a tree full of these ornaments... these are my favorite ornaments and I love pulling them out each year and seeing how much they have "grown". Another special ornament we have is one that my aunt gave us for Christmas the year we bought our first house... it's a lenox ornament that says "First Year in the New House" 2002. I love this one b.c it reminds me of our first house; the first house we bought as a couple, the house we brought our babies home from the hospital to, the house we celebrated their first christmases, birthdays and many more holidays. Memories...
The last ornament that is special to us is the one we bought on our honeymoon. We went to Ireland on our honeymoon and they are known for their Waterford Crystal and I wanted to buy something Waterford that we would always have so one of the things we bought was this christmas ornament. It says "Our First Christmas 2001"
Now head on over to Kelly's Korner and check out The Christmas Tree tour. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment