Friday, February 4, 2011

Thankful for a healthy husband....

Yesterday was a day i hope we don't ever have again! RP calls me when he was leaving school to tell me that his arm was hurting him and the school nurse checked his blood pressure and it was a little high and she told him to go to the fire dept after school to let them check it. He calls his paramedic friend who goes on all the DC trips with them and he told him to come to the station and he would check his bp and run an ekg on him. At this point i am getting the kids from the bus in the sleet and brylee opens the door and hits jackson in the head and he is crying so it is just crazy and I really don't give what he said much thought. A few minutes later he calls me back and says well they don't like what they see ( his blood pressure was 180 over 105 at its highest at the fire station) and they want to transport me... where do you want me to go st vincents or uab? i told him st. vincents and i would meet him there. His response was "hey i am fine don't hurry"... ah yeah ok whatever! So I call my dad give him a 1 sentence explanation about what is going on and ask him if i can bring the kids to him... he of course said yes! I get the kids, rush out the door, i tell them nothing but if you know jackson his middle name is question machine so he is not buying my "story at all" which was ya'll are going to eat with grandaddy and i am going with daddy to the dr. because he has a cold. ha! :) As i am driving i am not calling anyone b.c i can't really talk about it with the kids in the car... but thinking about all that was going on was not a good thing either... i just remember praying... Lord please don't let him die i don't want to raise these babies by myself and then of course i start crying... trying to get it together and not let them see me was hard. Then i just turned the radio up and tried not to think about it... well in the mean time my dad calls my mom and then she calls me... i don't know about you but i am a big ole cry baby when i hear my mom's voice when something is wrong or i am sick etc... so of course i see her name on my phone and can barely answer... i say hello and she says i know you can't talk so i am just going to ask questions... she ask the first question... i think it was is anyone with him... and i immediately start crying... and then the kids start asking me mommy why are you crying... mom says because of the weather and so i tell them that... then brylee starts crying... and said i am scared... b.c it was all in the middle of the sleet/ice storm that came out of know where... so it was a "good excuse" so i just had to get it together and pretty much let her go b.c i could not talk about it. Well then the ambulance driver calls me and tells me we can't go to any hospital north of town we have to go to Shelby... well i about loose it... i am freaking out b.c i don't want him to go there... i know that hospital has come a long way but I have just heard to many bad things... the ambulance finally convinces me that we can just go to the ER for test and if they find anything wrong we do not have to stay there for any procedures and he would come back and get us and takes where ever we wanted to go... bless his heart i know he thought i was crazy! :) So they take him to shelby, i drop the kids off at my parents, my mom pulls up and goes with me to the hospital and my sweet friends ashley meets me there too with a dt coke (it was the best dt coke i have ever had...during my time of not being able to talk to anyone on my drive over there i sent her a text that really did not make any sense but thankfully she figured it out... the main thing i wanted her to do was pray for me b.c i was scared to death) So we get to the hospital and have a bunch of test run and waited for 5 HOURS and they came back with his results and said that he did not and was not having a heart attack and that was all i needed to hear! Thank you Jesus! So at this point we really don't know anything... they referred him to a cardiologist and he will have a stress test done and then we will go from there. We have to call Monday for an appt. His blood pressure did end up coming down but it is still not in the normal category even today when it was checked it was still a little higher than average. We are just praying that this is just a little scare and will be a good encouragement for him to eat healthier and exercises too. Keep us in your prayers! I will update again when i know more but i feel like it will be about 2 weeks before we know something for sure... you know b.c doctors don't get in any hurry! :)
Wishing you all a dry, fun, and relaxing weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. So happy he is okay! You all will be in my prayers! I know how u feel when start thinking about everything and I am the exact same way when momma calls:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!! I'm so glad to hear that he's ok! We are praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete